Categories Menu

the ontology of a Microsoft Kinect

Forum Forums Research Conversation the ontology of a Microsoft Kinect

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

winst
    Participant

Karen Barad’s “Nature’s Queer Performativity” twists language into a joyous breaching of other-ontologies. She uses the Kinect to illustrate just one way our bodies are understood from an Other-perspective.

http://humweb.ucsc.edu/feministstudies/faculty/barad/barad-natures-queer-performativity.pdf

I came to it through a more poetic interest in fragmented/reversed narratives, and was totally convinced by Karan’s explicit examples and implicit style as a metaphor for getting outside of our normal frame of understanding.

Also, how Object Oriented Ontology finds a home in feminist studies (ecofeminism?) fascinates me. I’d love to know more. Anyone?

x

W

Arthur
    Participant

Karen Barad!
    Was among my favorites while studying interactive media. cool. will take a look

Anonymous

dieta per aumentare massa magra senza ingrassare Rancic had initially claimed a timely metabolism caused her to burn fat, but recently then insisted the cancer drug Tamoxifen had spurred unintentional fat loss. While Tamoxifen is usually connected with putting on weight ‘ not weight reduction ‘ among cancer patients, Giuliana said the drug caused her to lose weight naturally. crescita muscolare integratori

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.